A closer look at the Vercland gondola project
A technical innovation!
Ride on the fastest ski lift in France, capable of reaching speeds of up to 7m/s.
One of the D-Line range, the latest innovation by the world’s leading manufacturer, Doppelmayr, this machine guarantees faster access to the ski area.
A FEW FACTS AND FIGURES…
- Distance in line with the slope: 2200m
- Elevation gain: 802m
- Number of pylons: 14
- Transport rate: 2000 passengers / hour
- Cabins: 10 seated spaces
- Number of cars: 45 cabins
- Speed: up to 7 m/s
LESS STRESS AND MORE FUN!
The space available in the embarkation area provides easier access: skiers, pedestrians, persons with reduced mobility.
The line is fitted with a solar lighting system providing new potential for developing activities: timetable changes, events…
It is also a means of optimising passenger movement for departure and return of skiers.
A CLEAR AMBITION FOR PRESERVATION OF THE SITE!
This project is a boost to vehicle free development of the mountainside.
By encouraging the use of shuttle buses from the valley and by not increasing car parking capacity, the integrity of the mountain village aspect of Vercland is maintained.
At the same time, shuttle bus traffic flow will be increased between the Grand Massif Express and the Vercland gondolas.
Access to the ski area using this 3rd generation machinery prides itself on being eco-friendly with this high environmental value lift:
- Reduced noise level
- Following the route of the old machine to minimise forestry clearance,
- Environmental integration: station nestled against the slope, cabins and stations in dark colours. And no, the new cabins are not red!
- Energy saving through adaptable operation,
- Cabin garage space saving by stocking the cabins in the stations,
- Meticulous dismantling of the previous building,
- The lower station embankment reinforced with local larch logs instead of concrete
- 100% of the rubble reused on Samoëns’ slopes with reseeding to follow.
The project was jointly achieved with the world leading manufacturer Doppelmayr, 100% made in Europe, as well as with regional contributors such as DCSA, Marjollet, Benedetti, Spie, Nicodex, ONF (National Forestry Commission), Margerard, MBTM, AGRESTIS…